Tuesday, April 16, 2019

AITA for giving my niece milk and cookies?

About 8 months ago my sister decided she was going to flip hers and my niece's life upside down. Not only was she leaving her husband, but she was also going vegan and forcing my ten-year-old niece to do the same.

Yesterday there was an emergency at my sister's work which requires her to stay late. She asked me to pick up her daughter which was no problem because she goes to the same school as my kids.

When we got home my kids asked for milk and cookies my niece wanted some too. I remind my kids that their cousin was not allowed to have milk and cookies, so I offered to cut up some fresh strawberries and kiwis instead. My kids love fresh fruit so they decided on that with no protest.

My niece just stood there sulking, went on a rant about how much she hates being a vegan. it kind of broke my heart, she's been through so much in the last few months, really how bad would a little cup of milk and a few Oreos really hurt her. So I decided to serve milk and cookies , my niece gave me the biggest hug ever and told me I was her favorite uncle.

When my sister came to pick up her daughter my six-year-old couldn't keep his mouth shut. She was absolutely livid with me, I told her to calm down, but she wouldn't. I told her she should try not to be so hard on her daughter because she's been through so much lately. But she insisted that I tried to kill her daughter because I knew she was allergic to milk and gave it to her anyways. I quickly called bullshit on that and I reminded her that I have a video of her daughter eating cake and ice cream just last year on her birthday.

EDIT: For the people questioning the way I worded my sister's divorce.

She chose to get married young. She chose to have an affair. She chose to leave her husband for her new boyfriend. She chose to act like the victim because she married young. She chose to break her family for something new in the bedroom.

She's very selfish in my eyes, I definitely think I chose the right words in that first paragraph. I just didn't elaborate because it had nothing to do with the story.

submitted by /u/SpaceCowboy_86 to r/AmItheAsshole
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet http://bit.ly/2GflofZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wikipedia article of the day for September 2, 2020

The Wikipedia article of the day for September 2, 2020 is Third Silesian War . The Third Silesian War was a conflict between Prussia and a...