Saturday, April 6, 2019

AITA for basically telling my ex girlfriend that she's not as hot as my current girlfriend?

My ex (24f) and I (24m) dated 5 years ago. We were together for about a year, but then she dumped me out of no where for another guy and broke my heart. She and I shared the same circle of friends so I continued to be cordial with her for the sake of our friend group, and we remained friends until we graduated and I distanced her out of my life and no longer speak to her. I'm still close with my friend group, but they have drifted from her over the past year. I'll still see her sometimes when we have hang outs with the larger group, but I no longer speak to her and we just avoid each other.

This past weekend my friend had a pre-game/party for his birthday and she was invited along with our other friends. I have a new girlfriend (23f) that I have been dating for a few months (she is absolutely amazing, drop dead gorgeous, kind hearted, thoughtful, etc. I never thought I could feel this way about someone). I invited her too, and she knew my ex would be there but was okay with it.

At the pre-game, my ex had a couple shots, was maybe tipsy. She came up to me and my girlfriend and started talking to us normally. I was kind of confused as to why, but just went with it. She then says to my girlfriend, "Hey did you know me and Ilovepotatoes22 used to date back in the day?" to which she says, "Yes, I'm aware". Ex gf smirks very subtly and under her breath says, "Yup and he sure downgraded" while looking me dead in the eye. My gf said "Wow, I'm not interested dealing with this, excuse me" and excused herself to go talk to some of my other friends. I was angry, I truly don't believe I "downgraded" as my current gf is the most beautiful girl in the world to me, and in my eyes I do find her more attractive than my ex. I told my ex "I'm not sure what you're on right now, but gf is definitely an upgrade in every aspect possible so do not get that twisted. Let's just do what we should have done 5 years ago and never speak another word to each other again".

She went to the bathroom crying and my friends over the past few days have been telling me that she told them I called her uglier than my current gf. I told my friends what actually happened and they understand but they told me I could have been a little bit less harsh. Ex gf is apparently really depressed and has been telling my friends that she doesn't want to come to any of the hang outs anymore. Am I the asshole?

submitted by /u/Ilovepotatoes22 to r/AmItheAsshole
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet http://bit.ly/2IfVKu4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wikipedia article of the day for September 2, 2020

The Wikipedia article of the day for September 2, 2020 is Third Silesian War . The Third Silesian War was a conflict between Prussia and a...