I (18m) have been dating my gf (19) for about four months. We met on instagram, I followed her for a while and she has a real grunge/edgy aestehtic going on. I thought she was super hot and cool, and when we started going out she was basically also a really edgy person. She makes the occasional cringey edgelord comment about hating people and how life was sooooo much better in the 80s (when she wasn't even alive), which cringes me out but whatever, it's manageable.
However, she also has an immense hate for kids and babies. Whenever kids get near her she gives them dirty looks and moves away or groans. She has a four year old sister, and she won't even sit on the same sofa as her, giving excuses like "she's dirty", "kids are all feral" and so on, just ridiculous shit you say when you're 13 and in your emo phase, not 19.
Recently, she came to a family party at my parent's house and long story short, she ended up alone in a room with my sister (who is a new mom and is only 16) and, because of her social anxiety she was 'too afraid of seeming rude' to say no, but she ended up holding my sister's baby while she was in the middle of changing a diaper. As soon as my sister leaves the room to grab a new diaper, my girlfriend put the baby down on the couch, getting shit on the couch and shouting for someone to come take care of the 'gremlin'.
This really annoyed me, I get that she doesn't like kids and that she doesn't want to be near them, but she doesn't have to be so rude and obnoxious about it. If she didn't want to hold the baby, she should have said no or got someone else. She just seems to think that kids should instinctively know to keep away from her. I just don't get how she expects to go through life never having to deal with children at all.
Also at the party, she moved away from my five year old cousin when he sat next to her to eat some cake, and when asked to pass the baby's blanket to my sister, she pinched it with two fingers and flicked it over.
On the way home, I told her it's ridiculous she acts this way and she basically said something along the lines of "kids are disgusting, they're entitled and dumb can't see the world for what it really is". I told her not everything has to fit her stupid edgy narrative, and she thinks I'm an asshole.
[link] [comments]
from reddit: the front page of the internet https://ift.tt/2Vac42z
No comments:
Post a Comment