I’m from Puerto Rico, and Puerto Rico is always Puerto Rico, no matter what language you speak, but for example Japan isn’t called Japan there, it’s “Nippon” in Japanese or “Japón” in Spanish. United States of America gets translated to any language. So it’s not a matter of “Proper names don’t get translated”. So, like, why do some get translated and some don’t?
Edit: Whoa so many interesting things! I almost just googled this, but instead posted here, and I’m glad I did. I’ve learned so much! Thanks everyone!!!
Other edit: Thanks for letting me know Puerto Rico is sometimes translated, though I find it hard to count ‘Porto Rico’ as a translation unless Porto is the word for Port and Rico the word for Rich in your country. It seems more like an adaptation for reasons of pronunciation, or a variation of the same name.
[link] [comments]
from reddit: the front page of the internet http://bit.ly/2VmskP0
No comments:
Post a Comment