Thursday, January 3, 2019

A year ago I asked this question and it was so much fun. I think it's time to do it again: "What's the last book you rated 5 stars and why should I read it?"

EDIT Please sort by new, such amazing submissions still pouring in! EDIT

Or, would have given 5 stars, if you rated books?

The idea here is to:

1) generate perhaps more diverse answers than "your favourite book" question and

2) give lots of recommendations all-around

EDIT, This book is not available in English yet. Silly me My last 5 star book that I can't stop raving about is The Rabbit Yard by Johannes Anyuru. It's very topical as it starts with an act of terrorism. The book is part dystopian, but even if you're not into dystopia, it's also so much more. The story is clever and the book is also moving in parts. The ending is totally unforgettable.

EDIT I love you guys! You are keeping me busy, because I'm reading every single answer. I hope everyone gets lots of recommendations from here.

I'm sorry to say the book I'm mentioning here seems not to exist in English translation yet. I'm an idiot, should have checked first.

EDIT My upvote finger is cramping but I'm not quitting because you guys are not quitting. PLEASE SORT BY NEW

EDIT The passion for books here is fantastic!

submitted by /u/WarpedLucy to r/books
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet http://bit.ly/2Vq5ru4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wikipedia article of the day for September 2, 2020

The Wikipedia article of the day for September 2, 2020 is Third Silesian War . The Third Silesian War was a conflict between Prussia and a...