Many years ago I was in college and had a 12-week internship at a clinic in a hospital.
The clinic director was Jewish, the staff pathologist was Muslim. This is relevant.
At the end of my internship the clinic staff invited me to a seasonal potluck and insisted that I not bring any food. Over and over again I'm told not to bring anything and that working for free helping them out for 3 months was payment enough.
I brought a grocery store cake despite being told not to.
I get to the potluck and load up a plate of goodies and start eating, a little bit longer the director walks in.
"Do these have pork?" He said pointing to the meatballs?
"Yes" was the response
"Do these have pork? he said pointing to the green beens
"Yes, there's ham in that" was the response.
"How about the salad?"
"Yes, bacon"
And so on, I, with the director realize every single item has pork in it of some sort.
Except my cake, of course.
10 minutes later the pathologist repeated the same thing, asking if things had pork and realizing everything did but my cake.
After both the pathologist and director left with a slice of cake and were out of earshot everyone started laughing and explained that they even though they were the two most well paid people on staff they NEVER brought a thing to the potlucks and always loaded up a plate so the staff decided on a little petty revenge.
[link] [comments]
from reddit: the front page of the internet https://ift.tt/2U3KZyv
No comments:
Post a Comment