Friday, November 23, 2018

[Norway] My classmate ordered custom sweaters for our class. The sweaters never came, and she got the money back over a year ago. Me and my other classmates never got our money back from her, she has it all. How do I get her to give my/our money back?

Over three years ago (January 2014) we ordered custom sweaters for our class. My classmate, let's call her Frida, received money from us and then placed the order. We were around 65 people ordering, and it costed around $25 per sweater, so she got around $1625

Long story short, the distributor scammed us and we didn't get the sweaters. Frida was clearly annoyed with us asking about updates, and stopped replying completely to anything related to it. In August 2017 she announced that she had gotten all the money back a while ago, and that we could send her our account numbers and she'd send out the money ASAP. Everyone were relieved and happy. After a few weeks, no one had gotten their money back from her and asked what was going on. One person said she got her money (Frida's best friend), but none of the others as i know of. Now it's over a year ago and no one's heard anything still, she hasn't posted or replied after she made the original post saying she got the money.

I sent her a PM the other day asking for an update. I said it's fine if she needs more time to do it for whatever reason, that i'm sure everyone's understanding, but that people just want a reply. That the silence is the frustrating part. She has completely ignored it.

What can I do to get my/our money back? I thought about telling her I'll report her for fraud if she doesn't reply or give my money back within two weeks. The report will most likely not result in anything, but maybe it'd push her to repay everyone?

submitted by /u/mylmagination to r/legaladvice
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet https://ift.tt/2DEYNcX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wikipedia article of the day for September 2, 2020

The Wikipedia article of the day for September 2, 2020 is Third Silesian War . The Third Silesian War was a conflict between Prussia and a...