It's not because it aged poorly (M. Gustave: "I've had older."), was 40 hours long or forced me through hours of combat in the end game. It was rather exhausting in the same way that Spec Ops: The Line and Far Cry 2 are exhausting. They do not and don't want to make you feel good but rather push you to constantly question your actions. I opted for a light side playthrough and whenever I had Kreia with me and helped someone, she was like "Did you actually help that person? Would he not have been better off solving the problem himself". There were usually some decent dialogue options along the line of "You can't know what would have been..." but what I actually wanted to do was put keyboard and mouse aside, reach into the screen and pull her out of there to have a real conversation about contingency and epistemology. I guess that's a good sign.
I was never the biggest Star Wars fan and I feel like neither is Obsidian. The game seems to be aimed at dismantling all the basic premises and simple dichotomies of the franchise and along the way - ironically - creates the most interesting Star Wars story there is. Yet, it really isn't the kind of game you play for cathartic fun or to unwind after a day of work, it rather really wants to engage you, your intellect and your moral compass. I'm kind of glad it's over as it seems to have affected my overall mood somewhat in the past week. I think I now need to go play some Doom or something where the levels don't end with a philosophical reflection of the repercussions of ending happy-go-lucky demon lives.
[link] [comments]
from reddit: the front page of the internet https://ift.tt/2zqS3wq
No comments:
Post a Comment