Friday, October 26, 2018

How can I eli5 to my dad that mining is not worth it.

Or does it?

Since a week ago my dad is high on the idea of mining. He is planning to spend money (we cant really spend) on a rig and I am losing arguements.

I need precise, short, easy to understand facts to convince him that getting Into mining is a bad idea. Or am I wrong?

His idea is to set up and forget about it, let it sit and generate income ($500 a month he says).

I am aware this is a little off topic, but I am afraid of I go over to mining subs they won't really argue for my side.

Edit: afaik he had planned to get himself 6 mid range GPUs. Not sure which exactly, 1060 (?). I am aware of the fact that peak of mining is gone. But he is a stubborn person and I won't convince him with an idea that barrier to entry is hard. That won't cut.

Edit: well, that went well. I actually have collected myself and no longer seeing all this as a waste of time and money. I will have a conversation with him Tomorrow, exploring our options and future.

Thank you all for explaining it in from both perspectives. I appreciate it.

submitted by /u/Mabon_Bran to r/buildapc
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet https://ift.tt/2Si5M0a

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wikipedia article of the day for September 2, 2020

The Wikipedia article of the day for September 2, 2020 is Third Silesian War . The Third Silesian War was a conflict between Prussia and a...